July 23, 2021
The following key findings emerge from the 2021 United States Prosperity Index.
- The United States is one of the most prosperous countries in the world, ranking 18th out of 167 nations.
- Prosperity is distributed unevenly across the country.
- U.S. prosperity had been rising continuously for more than a decade.
- Prosperity weakened between 2020 and 2021, but a strong resurgence in new business applications signals hope for the recovery.
- Even prior to COVID-19, there were some significant challenges acting as a brake on U.S. prosperity