Session date and time: 23 March 2022 | 2:00 pm - 2:50 pm SGT/HKT
The last 12 months have seen Asian trade and economies rebound following the shock of Covid-19. Despite continued tensions between China and America, and climate-led disruptions to supply chains, reasons for optimism about the future of Asian trade remain. As we enter the second quarter of 2022, for business leaders and policymakers with a stake in Asian trade, pertinent questions endure such as:
- What are the key policy developments on regional government agendas?
- How will these shape a continued economic recovery?
- Will SMEs continue to form the bedrock of trade in Asia?
- What technologies will emerge that improve supply-chain efficiency and transparency?
- How will COP26 shape sustainability issues and what is the impact on businesses?
Economist Impact’s Asia Trade Week 2022, which the Hinrich Foundation continues to be a proud sponsor of, seeks to answer these questions. Our Research Fellow Alex Capri is a featured speaker in a session on emerging technologies, where he will be discussing the potential implications of quantum computing on global value chains. Register now to join him.