November 25, 2019
2019 Executive Summary
- Global prosperity continues to improve, but the gap between the strongest and weakest performing countries continues to widen.
- The improvement in global prosperity has been driven by more open economies and improvements to people’s lived experiences.
- Economies are more open due to the improvement in the investment environment and digital connectivity, as well as a reduction in administrative burdens.
- People’s lived experiences have improved due to better health, education, and living conditions.
- Stagnating institutions are holding back further improvements to global prosperity.