The Foundation for Economic & Industrial Research (IOBE) is a private, non-profit, public-benefit research organization. It was established in 1975 with the dual purpose of promoting research on current problems and prospects of the Greek economy and its sectors, and of generating reliable information, analysis and proposals for action that are not produced elsewhere and can thus be of high value to policy makers in the context of economic policymaking.
IOBE performs the following functions, from a position of academic freedom and neutrality:
· Carries out applied research on basic structural and sectoral problems of the Greek economy as well as on various aspects of economic policymaking.
· Monitors and analyses short-term economic trends, the business climate, and prepares forecasts for the prospects of the Greek economy.
· Provides reliable and continuously updated economic information about particular sectors of the Greek economy.
· Cooperates with foreign research institutions and international organizations on matters of common interest.
· Contributes to the public debate on economic issues.
· Undertakes sponsored and commissioned research projects that fall within its aims and purposes.
The field of ICT, digital transformation and related sectors has been one area where IOBE has developed significant experience especially during the last 15 years.